In December 21-23, 2015, Institute of Oceanography, VAST and A.V. Zhirmunsky Institute of Marine Biology, FEB RAS with support of the APN (Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research) will hold an International Conference with main theme concerning with the problems of developing life-support marine ecosystems along with the Asian-Pacific coasts.
Conference venue: Institute of Oceanography, 01 Cau Da, Nha Trang, Viet Nam.
Conference Sessions Topics:
- Climate/global environmental changes and possible effects on the marine biodiversity in East Asia.
- Physical forcing to marine biodiversity: seawater chemistry, pollution, eutrophication, water motion and currents, etc.
- Marine biodiversity and marine ecosystems management.
- Physiology and reproduction of the marine organisms.
- Conservation, management and sustainable exploitation of the marine living resources.
Oral presentations and Poster Session are planned!
Call for papers and Deadline
- 15th November: Registration and submission of abstracts
- 1st December: Second Announcement and notification of acceptance for oral/poster presentation
Completed registration form should be sent to the Conference Secretariat, Dr. Tatiana Dautova (email@example.com
) and Mrs. Bui Thi Minh Ha (firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts: Participants are to send short abstract (no more half of printed page, in English) for the including to the Program of the Conference in according with the Sessions Topics.
Participants of the conference are also expected to submit extended abstracts to be published as book of Proceedings of the Conference; deadline is February 15, 2016.
Extended abstracts must not exceed 4 pages, Microsoft Word, body text in Times New Roman font with 12pt size (1.5 spacing), may include 1-2 figures in *jpg or *tiff format (not more than 400 kb each, they should not inserted into the text and sent as separate files) and a very short list of references (up to 5-6); author(s) and affiliations should follow on line below title. References should be presented as follows, in alphabetical order (do not abbreviate journal names):
books: Habe T. 1977. Systematics of Mollusca in Japan. Bivalvia and Scaphopoda. Tokyo: Hokuryukan. 372 p.
journal papers: Fujii S. 1987. The molluscan fauna from Toyama Bay in the Japan Sea // Journal of the College of Liberal Arts, Toyama University (Natural Science). V. 20, N 1. P. 17–31.
book chapters: Lü D. 2004. Family Acmaeidae // Seashells of China. Qi Zhongyan (Ed.). Beijing: China Ocean Press. P. 14–15.
All abstracts must be submitted electronically as an e-mail attachment to Dr. Tatiana Dautova: email@example.com
Contact: Conference Secretariat:
1. Prof. Dr. Tatiana N. Dautova, A.V. Zhirmunsky Institute of Marine Biology FEB RAS and FEFU, Russia (co-chair);
2. Dr. Dao Viet Ha, Vice Director of Institute Oceanography, VAST, Vietnam (co-chair);
3. Mr. Nguyen Phi Phat, Deputy Head of Department of General Management, Institute Oceanography, VAST, Vietnam;
4. Mrs. Bui Thi Minh Ha, International relation officer, Institute of Oceanography, VAST, Vietnam;
5. Mr. Nguyen Ky, Institute Oceanography, VAST, Vietnam;
6. Mrs. Thi Thu, Institute Oceanography, VAST, Vietnam.
We look forward to seeing you in Nha Trang in December 2015!