Project: Vietnam – Russian cooperation on hydro-meteorological and dynamical investigation in the East Sea
Project title: “Vietnam – Russian cooperation on hydrometeorological and dynamical investigation in the East Sea”. It is one sub-project within project No. 19 “International cooperation on surveys and investigations on marine resources and environment among Vietnam and other countries”, under the framework of the master project “Fundamental investigations and management of marine resources and environment till 2010, vision 2020”
Project leaders: Dr. Nguyen Ba Xuan (from 6/2009 to 12/2010); Assoc.Prof.Dr. Bui Hong Long (from 1/2011 to 12/2011)
Implementing institution: Institute of Oceanography (IO), Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST)
Foreign partner: V. I. Il'ichev Pacific Oceanological Institute (POI), Far Eastern Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences
Home partner: Institute of Marine Geology and Geophysics, VAST
Duration: from June 2009 to December 2011
Budget: 2.7 billion VND
- Series of raw data on hydro-meteorological, dynamical, ecological and environmental parameters collected during the two investigations in July-August 2010 and April-May 2011 in Khanh Hoa waters.
- Joint oceanographic database of IO (VAST, Vietnam) and POI (FEB, RAS, Russia), abbreviated as CSDL-Viet-Nga-2010. This is an outcome obtained through the cooperation and exchange of the oceanographic data sources in the East Sea achieved and managed by the two countries: 1) the Vietnam Oceanographic Database-VNOD, which are the main results of the two national projects KC-06.01 and KC-09.02; and 2) the data source provided by POI including 3 CD-ROMs: TOM-1, TOM-2 and TOM-9;
- Electronic mapping software using the oceanographic parameters from the database CSDL-Viet - Nga-2010;
- Electronic maps on hydrology, dynamics, ecology and environment in the whole East Sea;
- Summary and full reports;
- 7 articles published in inland journals and 1 paper in international journal.
- Two surveys on hydro-meteorology and dynamics in the continental shelf of Khanh Hoa province (Vietnam) had been conducted in July-August 2010 and April-May 2011 on board of the R/V NCB-95 of IO. Beside the Vietnamese scientists, participated in the first survey were 5 Russian scientists, and in the second survey 4 Russian scientists. Data on meteorological (wind), hydrographic (temperature, salinity, density, sound speed) dynamical (current, wave), ecological and environmental (turbidity, dissolved oxygen, Par. Flux, Chlorophyll a) factors were measured at 80 space stations and 6 mooring stations, using most modern oceanographic equipments
- An additional survey was conducted in November 2011 to investigate hydrometeorological and dynamical factors during the northeast monsoon in the coastal waters of Khanh Hoa, with the participation of only Vietnamese scientists.
- A joint oceanographic database (CSDL-Viet-Nga-2010) between IO (VAST, Vietnam) and POI (FEBRAS, Russia) has been established based on the oceanographic data sources for the whole East Sea archived and managed by the two institutes: the Vietnam Oceanographic Database-VNOD, which are the main results of the two national projects KC-06.01 and KC-09.02 ; and the data source provided by POI. With this joint database, an electronic mapping software was developed for making maps on oceanographic parameters such as temperature, salinity, sound speed, dissolved oxygen, currents and Chlorophyll a for the whole East Sea.
- Participated and presented scientific results in national and international workshops and conferences.
Some photos of activities of the sub-project
Reporters: Do Minh Thu, Bui Thi Minh Ha
||An error has occurred.
Error: Unable to load the Article Details page.